A truly incredible day for the sport
Saturday 10th June was a triumph for the S&CBC! The day marked our third annual ‘'National Ladies' Shooting Day’' (#NLSD2017). We created this event to celebrate women's shooting, to get new shooters involved. to boost the profile of the sport and to create as much hype around clay pigeon shooting as possible and I think it's fair to say all of the above were met!Well in excess of 1,000 women were out shooting across the country, positively promoting their experiences – and for some it was their first experience clay shooting. The reach across social media was phenomenal with thousands of posts and hundreds of thousands of impressions, it was phenomenal to see so many ladies having such a super day (all in their mega Hull Cartridge caps!)
This game changing event which is sponsored by Alan Paine, Dubarry, Hull Cartridge, Fur Feather & Fin and Browning was a day long celebration of ladies shooting featuring 25 events at some of the finest and most renowned shooting grounds across the country. The events were hosted by Shotgun & Chelsea Bun Club members, who are known for their passion and commitment to the sport and the club. To the hosts and attendees, it's more than just shooting clays; it's community, new friends, new experiences and “putting yourself out there”.#NLSD2017 has continued to grow in both numbers and recognition, something that Club founder Victoria Knowles-Lacks is very proud of:
''I'm so unbelievable grateful to the sponsors, hosts, grounds and everyone who got involved! . It astounded me how many people NLSD has reached, not only online but also in terms of attendees, so hopefully we've planted the seed in a few people's minds that shooting is an inclusive sport for all! And it’s not just the day itself – I’ve been blown away by the amount of follow-up enquiries, bookings and involvement from ladies who tried the sport for the first time and are now hooked - I'm already looking forward to next year!'
The day is the only one of it’s kind and it continues to be the largest female only clay shooting event in the World! Relive the goodness by searching the hashtag #NLSD2017 on Twitter and Instagram or checking out our Facebook page!
Heartfelt Thank Yous
So many people helped make #NLSD2017 the day it was and we'd like to say the biggest of heartfelt thanks to:
- Our wonderful sponsors: Alan Paine Country Clothing, Hull Cartridge Company, Dubarry, Fur Feather and Fin and Browning.
- The hosts who gave up so much of their time to prepare for an pull off amazing day, they all worked so hard and we couldn't have done it without them.
- Our darling dream team behind the scenes who spent months preparing for this event.
- Fieldsports Magazine for their support and being our official magazine partner.
- The shooting grounds who all were incredible
- The fab companies who all donated prizes and goodies
- Everyone who attended the events and shared, retweeted and reposted social media posts!
#NLSD2018 will be held on 9th June 2018.